Social Media Contest:
1. Post your story, photo, or video sharing how you Explore! The Power the Maps.
2. Use the hashtags: #UtahGeo #GAW2015 #TeachNatGeo
3. Check out the hashtags to see how people around Utah are celebrating geography.
1. Submit your photo of your favorite view of Utah. This can be a building, Landscape, Animal, etc.
2. Three age categories:
Youth 8-13 years old & 14-18 years old Adult 19+
3. Check back to the website to see the featured photos.
1. ENTRY: No purchase necessary to enter or win. Social Media Contest contestants will enter by posting photos, stories, and/or videos using hashtags #UtahGeo #GAW2015 #TeachNatGeo
Utah Photo Contest contestants will enter by posting photos, stories, and/or videos onto this website.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open only to Utah residents. By submitting or posting contestants agree to all legal rules of social media sites. All youth submissions/posts must be done with parent (legal guardian approval) Utah Geography Alliance - Geography Awareness Week Members (along with its contractors, affiliates and subsidiaries) and their families are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. Contestants residing in those areas where the contest is void may participate in the contest but may not win any prizes.
3. WINNER SELECTION: Utah Geography Alliance - Geography Awareness Week Members will judge the contest. Submissions will be judged on their creativity and originality. All decisions of the judges are final.
4. PRIZES: Winners will receive gift cards with a maximum value of less than $50.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winners will be notified within 14 days after the determination date. Inability to contact a winner may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS:
a. Participants hereby grant Utah Geography Alliance a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide license to broadcast, publish, store, reproduce, distribute, syndicate, and otherwise use and exhibit the Submission (along with their names, voices, performance and/or likenesses) in all media now known and later come into being for purposes of trade or advertising without further compensation. Participants represent and warrant that they have full legal right, power and authority to grant Utah Geography Alliance the foregoing license and if applicable, have secured all necessary rights from any participants in, and contributors to, their Submission in order to grant such a license.
b. Utah Geography Alliance is under no obligation to use any Submission or return the Submissions to participants.
7. USE OF CONTEST INFORMATION: All entries become the property of Utah Geography Alliance. The Utah Geography Alliance reserves the right to use any and all information related to the contest, including submissions provided by the contestants, for editorial, marketing and any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
8. NOT ENDORSED BY FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, TWITTER or any other SOCIAL MEDIA SITE: By participating in this contest, you acknowledge that this contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and any other Social Media Site and release Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and any other Social Media Site from any and all liability arising from or related to this contest. The information you are providing for this contest is being provided to The Utah Geography Alliance and not to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and any other Social Media Site and will be used to notify you if you have won, and to inform you about special offers from The Utah Geography Alliance and our trusted partners.
9. CONDUCT: All contest participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. The Utah Geography Alliance in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering with the entry process, the operation of its web site or is otherwise in violation of these rules.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Utah Geography Alliance is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected email or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur. If for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, The Utah Geography Alliance may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest. Entrants further agree to release The Utah Geography Alliance from any liability resulting from, or related to participation in the contest.
11. WINNERS LIST: The names of the winner may be obtained by sending a self-addresses stamped envelope to: Social Media Contests, The Utah Geography Alliance - 2015 Geography Awareness Week.